Apply for ACAP funding
The Airports Capital Assistance Program (ACAP) funds improvement projects for regional airports and aerodromes.
Eligibility for funding
Airports that can get ACAP funding:
- are not owned or operated by the federal Government
- meet certification requirements
- offer year-round commercial passenger service with a minimum of 1,000 passengers per year
To learn more about program eligibility, see the Applicant's Guide.
What you need to know before you start
Before you apply, read the Applicant's Guide to find out about:
- types of projects Transport Canada does and does not fund through ACAP
- criteria we use to choose which projects get funding
- what to include in your application
We strongly encourage you to discuss your funding request with Transport Canada regional officials before applying.
How to apply
Send information required for your application to the Director General of your closest Transport Canada regional office.