Vessel safety, spill prevention and response
Oil tanker safety statistics, oil spill prevention measures, risk assessment, response, liability, compensation, port protection.
Services and information
Statistics on oil spills, cargoes and tanker traffic.
Safe navigation, pilotage requirements, double hull requirements, tanker inspection, TERMPOL review, aerial surveillance.
What happens if there is a spill from a vessel, risk assessment, research and recommendations.
Responsibility to pay for spills from vessels, funds for clean-up.
Vessel Traffic Services Zones, reporting requirements, Tanker Exclusion Zone, restrictions in the West Coast Inside Passage.
Foreign ships not meeting safety and regulatory issues, Port State Control, tanker inspection.
- Report a spill
- Tanker Safety Expert Panel
- World Class Tanker Safety brochure (PDF, 191 KB)
- Protecting Canadian waters from oil spills – infographic
- Tanker Safety by the Numbers – infographic
- World-Class Tanker Safety – Behind the Scenes – video