Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
List of Road Transportation Acts
Transport Canada administers a number of Acts (laws) related to transportation. It also assists with the administration of many others.
Access to the full text of federal Acts and Regulations is provided by the Department of Justice Canada, which is responsible for maintaining the Consolidated Statutes of Canada. Please read the Important note from the Department of Justice Canada.
* links directly to Justice Canada website legislation
- Blue Water Bridge Authority Act* (1964-65, c. 6)
- Bridge To Strengthen Trade Act (2012, c. 31, s. 179) updated 2013.03.27
- Bridges Act* (R.S., 1985, c. B-8)
- Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Company, An Act Respecting* (1934, c. 63)
- Canada Labour Code (R.S., 1985, c. L-2) updated 2014.06.18
- Canada Transportation Act (1996, c. 10) updated 2014.08.13
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999* (1999, c. 33)
- Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act (1989, c. 3) updated 2014.03.12
- Department of Transport Act (R.S., 1985, c. T-18)
- Government Property Traffic Act* (R.S., 1985, c. G-6) updated 2013.10.23
- Highway 30 Completion Bridges Act* (2005, c. 37)
- International Bridges and Tunnels Act (2007, c. 1) updated 2013.03.27
- Motor Vehicle Fuel Consumption Standards Act* (R.S., 1985, c. M-9)
- Motor Vehicle Safety Act (1993, c. 16) updated 2014.07.05
- Motor Vehicle Transport Act* (1985, c. 29 (3rd Supp.))
- Non-smokers' Health Act* (1985, c. 15 (4th Supp.))
- Railway Relocation and Crossing Act* (R.S., 1985, c. R-4)
- Safe Containers Convention Act* (R.S., 1985, c. S-1)
- Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada Act* (2001, c. 29)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992 (1992, c. 34) updated 2014.07.16
A complete list of the consolidated Acts and Regulations of Canada are available from the Justice Canada Website at: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/
- Date modified: