Air Cargo Security (ACS) Program
Transport Canada is working with the air cargo industry to:
- develop an ACS Program that meets the highest standards;
- reduce risks to the safety and security of the travelling public; and
- keep goods moving in and out of Canada efficiently.
The ACS Program is one of many Aviation Security activities (e.g. baggage screening, non-passenger screening, and airport access control) being put in place to mitigate risks to civil aviation.
Strengthening Canadian air cargo security and making it comparable to the air cargo security practices of the United States and other key trading partners will help our economy and position Canada as a strong partner in global efforts against terrorism.
ACS Key Principles
- Balanced Regulatory Approach;
- Sustainability; and
- Comparable Internationally.
Current Regulatory Consultations
- Date modified: