Air Cargo Security (ACS) Program
Transport Canada and the air cargo industry maintain an Air Cargo Security Program (“the Program”) that:
- meets the highest aviation security standards;
- reduces risks to the safety and security of the travelling public; and
- keeps goods moving in and out of Canada efficiently.
A business must participate in the Program in order to screen, store, transport, tender and / or accept secure air cargo.
To participate, a business must:
- complete a comprehensive application and vetting process; and
- meet ongoing oversight and inspection requirements once accepted into the Program.
Participation in the Air Cargo Security Program is voluntary. Based on the nature of the goods being transported by air, as well as overall business needs, your business can choose where cargo is best screened and made secure.
- Date modified: