Aviation Security

Related Links

Did you know?

  • If you are 18 or older, you need government-issued ID (either two pieces without a photograph or one with a photograph) to board a passenger flight in Canada. The name on your boarding pass MUST match the name on your ID.

    You MUST have a valid passport to travel internationally, including the United States, by air.
  • Read more on Identity Requirements.

The Government of Canada has committed more than $4.4 billion to enhancing aviation security since 2001, and air travel has become much safer as a result. Transport Canada is working diligently to make further improvements for a secure Canadian aviation system — one that is protected against unlawful interference, terrorist attacks or use as a means to attack our allies. The department's aviation security programs include the following:

What's New


Date modified: