Online Application Process
STEP 1 - Online Application Process - Please read the following section and follow the navigational boxes at the bottom of each page to get to the application form.
The need for Personnel Security Screening:
The Personnel Security Screening Division ensures that all persons employed by the Department meet the Standards of reliability, trustworthiness and loyalty required by the position.
- The Government of Canada Security Policy (GSP - Personnel Security Standards)
- The Manager's Handbook on Security Screening.
- Transportation Security Clearance Program (TSCP).
Some Important Facts:
- GSP requires that in all instances security screening must be conducted prior to employment in or transfer to a position which will accord an individual access to sensitive or classified information or assets.
- At no time should a person be permitted access to sensitive or classified information unless he/she is in possession of the necessary reliability status or security clearance.
- An employee's Reliability Status, or security clearance is updated at 5 year intervals.
To Find out More:
If you are interested in finding out more information about the Personnel Security Screening Division, please contact the Security Screening Office at :
Tel: (613) 990-5532 or Fax: (613) 990-2848
Application for Transportation Security Clearance
The purpose of the Application for Transportation Security Clearance is to ensure that all persons employed in a Canadian transportation facility meet the Standards of reliability and trustworthiness required by the position.
Next - Requirements
- Date modified: