- Private Operator Passenger Transportation
- Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Civil Aviation Issues Reporting System (CAIRS)
- Dangerous Goods
- Aviation Occupational Health and Safety
- Aircraft Noise Management
- Wildlife Control
- Fatigue Risk Management
- Aviation Safety Award
- Runway Safety
The Civil Aviation Directorate, also known as Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA), promotes the safety of the national air transportation system through its regulatory framework and oversight activities.
What we do
We are responsible for advancing the safety of all aspects of civil aviation in Canada. (Civil aviation is distinguished from military aviation.)
As part of the regulatory framework, we develop policies, guidelines, regulations, standards and educational materials to advance civil aviation safety in Canada.
As part of our oversight activities, we verify that the aviation industry complies with the regulatory framework through certifications, assessments, validations, inspections and enforcement. [More...]
Learn more about: Transport Canada and Air Safety: Our Work Behind the Scenes
At the head of Transport Canada Civil Aviation is the Director General, Civil Aviation.
- Civil Aviation Secretariat
- International Operations
- Management Services
- National Aircraft Certification
- National Operations
- Policy & Regulatory Services
Do you need to change the address on your licensing documents and/or the address where you receive aeronautical publications?