Recommended Study Material
- List of Civil Aviation Publications (TP 3680E) - Contains titles, reference numbers, source and cost.
- Student Pilot Permit or Private Pilot Licence for Foreign and Military Applicants, Air Regulations (PSTAR) (TP 11919E)
- Air Command Weather Manual (TP 9352E)
- Air Command Weather Manual (Supplement) (TP 9353E)
- Human Factors for Aviation - Basic Handbook (TP 12863E)
- Human Factors for Aviation - Instructor's Guide (TP 12865E)
- Transport Canada Aeronautical Information Manual (TC AIM) (TP 14371E)
- Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- Flying the Weather VFR (TP 3115E)
- Flight Instructor Guide (TP 975E)
- Airworthiness Manual (TP 6197E) Chapter 531, Airworthiness Standards Manual Free Balloon
- VFR Navigation Charts (VNC)/VFR Terminal Area Charts (VTA) / World Aeronautical Charts (WAC)
- Canada Flight Supplement
The Study Guide For The Radiotelephone Operator's Restricted Certificate (Aeronautical) is available free of charge from district offices of Industry Canada - Examinations and Radio Licensing (http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ic1.nsf/eng/home).
Information on text books and other publications produced by commercial publishers can be obtained through local flying training organizations, bookstores and similar sources as Alberta Free Balloon Society, P.O Box 6897, Station D, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 2G1, Canadian Balloon Association, c/o Highvale Crescent, Sherwood Park, Alberta, T8A 4Z7 and Fédération Aéronautique du Québec, 4545 Pierre de Coubertin, C.P. 1000, succursale M, Montréal, Québec, H1V 3R2.
Publications used in pilot training in the United States are available through the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C. 20402-9325, including the Basic Helicopter Handbook (AC61-13A).
- Date modified: