Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
General - Admission to Flight Test
In order to be admitted to a flight test required for the issuance of a Recreational Pilot Permit - Aeroplane, or a complete re-test, and meet the requirements of CAR 421.14, the candidate will present:
- photo identification;
- a valid permit, licence or a foreign pilot licence issued by a contracting state;
- proof of meeting the medical standards for the Recreational Pilot Permit - Aeroplane;
- a letter from a qualified flight instructor certifying that:
- the instructor has personally completed a pre-flight test evaluation with the candidate;
- the candidate is considered to have reached a sufficient level of competency to complete the flight test for the issuance of the Recreational Pilot Permit - Aeroplane; and
- the instructor recommends the candidate for the flight test.
- evidence of having completed a minimum of 25 hours total flight time in aeroplanes.
- Date modified: