5.10 Manual Flight Planning
In the event of a computer failure and operational control is unable to produce electronic flight plans the following procedures will be implemented:
- Dispatchers will select the optimum altitude for the route and aircraft using the appropriate upper air data.
- From the upper air data the average enroute temperature and wind components will be calculated. (see example 5.10).
- The burn fuel for the route is obtained from the appropriate aircraft planning section of the air craft manual.
- The normal selection of alternates and additional fuels will be calculated using the method above.
- A total fuel required for the flight will be provided to the pilot-in-command which will include reserve, alternate, additional, and burn and will constitute the minimum fuel required for the flight.
- The max performance take-off weight for the flight will be calculated insuring the max landing weight and/or the max structural take-off weights are not exceeded.
- A release message will be sent to the Captain (see example 5.11).
- Date modified: