5.08 Take-off Alternates
Flight dispatcher will normally provide a notation on the flight plan designating a take off alternate if required. In the event a take-off alternate must be assigned after the flight plan has been issued the dispatcher will:
- Contact the flight crew and advise the pilot-in-command the take-off alternate assigned and fuel required;
- Record the acceptability of the take-off alternate on the dispatchers flight log;
- Flight crews will record the agreed take-off alternate on the operational flight plan.
The flight crew will advise dispatch in the event they become aware a take-off alternate is required. The Captain will advise:
- The requirement for a take-off alternate.
- Verify the acceptability of the take off alternate suggested
- Record the agreed take-off alternate on the operational flight plan
- Date modified: