Flight Test Exercises - Preparation for Flight
- Aeroplane Flight Test Guides
- Helicopter Flight Test Guides
- Ultra-light Aeroplane Flight Test Guide
- Flight Instructor Guides
To determine that the candidate can use the correct procedures to execute a safe overshoot.
The examiner may request the overshoot from the landing approach, the forced landing or elsewhere during the test. The candidate will be required to use aircraft configuration, procedures and airspeeds specified in the operating manual.
Assessment will be based on the candidate's ability to conduct an overshoot in accordance with the procedures specified in the operating manual. In no procedure is specified, the candidate will:
- promptly and smoothly apply maximum allowable power;
- use carburetor heat, as applicable;
- establish a positive rate of climb;
- control direction and airspeed (+10/-0 mph); and
- complete the appropriate checks.
- Date modified: