16. Non-Destructive Testing - 573.10(1)(p)
- Introduction: Maintenance Policy Manual Guidelines Purpose
- Introduction: Maintenance Policy Manuals
- Table of Contents - CAR 573.10(1)(a)
- Name, Description, Scope of Work - 573.10(1)(b)
- Certification - 573.10(1)(c)
- Amendment Control - 573.10(1)(d)
- List of Effective Pages - 573.10(1)(e)
- Distribution Control - 573.10(1)(f)
- Assignment of Responsibility - 573.10 (1)(g)
- Maintenance Standards - 573.10(1)(h)
- Regulatory and Technical Information - 573.10(1)(i)
- Technical Records - 573.10(1)(j)
- Maintenance and Retention of Technical Records - 573.10(1)(k)
- Maintenance Process Control - 573.10(1)(l)
- Quality Assurance Program - 573.10(1)(m)
- Parts and Materials - 573.10(1)(n)
- Authorized Signatures - 573.10(1)(o)
- Non-Destructive Testing - 573.10(1)(p)
- Organization Overview - 573.10(1)(q)
- Aircraft Certification Authority - 573.10(1)(r)
- Training and Training Records - 573.10(1)(s)
- Personnel Records - 573.10(1)(t)
- Level of Work - 573.10(1)(u)
- Maintenance Arrangements - 573.10(1)(v)
- Service Difficulty Reports - 573.10(1)(w)
- Calibration of Tools and Equipment - 573.10(1)(x)
"...the maintenance policy manual (MPM) of a domestic AMO Certificate holder shall contain at least the following information...
(p) a description of the methods used to ensure compliance with the personnel qualification and training requirements of subsection 571.02(3) of the CARs;"
CAR 571.02(3) requires that anyone who supervises or carries out NDT tasks is qualified.
An organization needs to ensure that only persons who are certified to the National Standards listed in the CARs can perform or supervise the performance of nondestructive testing (NDT) inspection. The MPM should detail the NDT process and state what standards will be used.
Companies who employ NDT specialists must detail the specialist's qualifications and the method that their currency is maintained and tracked in the MPM.
Small companies who need to contract specialist companies or individuals to perform NDT through a maintenance arrangement should include a simple statement to this effect.
All non-destructive testing, required by manufacturer's recommendation or by regulatory requirement, will be contracted to a qualified Approved Maintenance Organization in accordance with section 21 of this manual.
- Date modified: