Advanced Qualification Program Evaluator Manual TP 14672
CHAPTER 3 – AQP EVALUATOR DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY APPLICATION PROCEDURES
3.1.1 The AQP Evaluator Delegation of Authority Application form can be found in AppendixA and shall be completed and forwarded to the appropriate Transport Canada office with the following documentation attached:
a résumé outlining:
- the candidate's background, qualifications and experience, including previous flight check or supervisory experience,
- justification for any deviations from the qualifications and experience requirements specified in Chapter12 of this manual, and
- declaration of any interest in the company or other condition that could result in a conflict of interest; and
- for nominees where training has been completed, a copy of the Approved AQP Evaluator Initial Training Course training record(s) or certificate(s) which show completion of both the theoretical and practical portions of an Approved AQP Evaluator Initial Training Course, including the relevant dates for each portion.
3.1.2 If the nominee has not yet attended an Approved AQP Evaluator Initial Training Course, the "proposed" box in the "Approved AQP Evaluator Initial Training Course" section of the application form shall be checked and the proposed course location and date indicated.
Note:It is in the air operator's interest to verify the acceptability of their AQP Evaluator candidates by forwarding a written request to the POI.
3.1.3 The AQP Evaluator Delegation of Authority Application form shall be signed by the evaluator nominee and by the following persons:
- For an evaluator nominee, by the Operations Manager (Director of Flight Operations) of the air operator seeking approval for the evaluator (sponsoring Operator).
- Where the evaluator nominee is the Operations Manager (Director of Flight Operations), the application form shall be signed by a senior company executive.
3.2.1 If a revision to an existing AQP Evaluator Delegation of Authority is required, the air operator shall submit the following to the Issuing Authority:
- where the request is for an additional authority, an AQP Evaluator Delegation of Authority Application form containing only the additional information pertaining to the addition of an aircraft type or requested authority, as well as documents required as per paragraph3.1.1, namely copies of applicable training records or certificates and an updated résumé;
- (where the request is for a simulator only authority due to loss of an evaluator's medical category, an AQP Evaluator Delegation of Authority Application form together with a declaration that the nominee remains competent to conduct validations and evaluations in a simulator; and
- where the request is for removal of an authority, written notification identifying the evaluator and detailing the authorities to be removed.
Note: The application forms submitted in subparagraphs (a) and (b) shall have the "revision" box checked and the application shall be signed and submitted in the same manner as the initial application.
3.2.2 The approval process for requested revisions is specified in section5.2.
- Date modified: