Aviation Safety Letter 1/2005
The Civil Air Search and Rescue Association (CASARA) is a Canada-wide volunteer aviation association dedicated to the promotion of aviation safety, and to the provision of air search support services to the National Search and Rescue Program. Membership is open to aircraft owners and pilots, as well as to those who wish to receive training as spotters and navigators. Members receive training in fields such as aviation safety, meteorology, survival awareness and search techniques and procedures.
- participates in aviation safety and search and rescue training programs;
- provides air search support services;
- provides suitable aircraft;
- provides highly-trained, safety-conscious crews to fly as pilots, navigators and spotters on Association aircraft, and as spotters on Canadian Forces aircraft as required;
- provides an insurance package including personal accident, hull and liability coverage;
- provides administrative support; and
- provides reimbursement for aircraft operating expenses based on aircraft horsepower and local fuel costs.
Participants in CASARA benefit by receiving training from professionals that strives to improve their level of airmanship and give them the ability to safely and effectively provide assistance to people in distress. System Safety supports CASARA activities and encourages aviation enthusiasts to consider participating in this essential and worthwhile program. For more information, please visit the CASARA Web site at http://www.casara.ca/.
- Date modified: