Take Five - Personal Minimums Checklists
- ISSUE 1/2009
- Copyright and Credits
- Guest Editorial
- To the Letter
- Flight Operations
- Maintenance and Certification
- Recently Released TSB Reports
- Accident Synopses
- Safety Around the World
- Use Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment On Board Aircraft
- Take Five: Personal Minimums Checklists
- PDF Version
Before the Task
- Do I have the knowledge required to perform the task?
- Do I have the technical data required to perform the task?
- Have I performed the task before?
- Do I have the proper tools and equipment required to perform the task?
- Have I had the proper training required to support the job task?
- Am I mentally prepared to perform the job task?
- Am I physically prepared to perform the job task?
- Have I taken the proper safety precautions to perform the task?
- Do I have the required resources available to perform the tasks?
- Have I researched the Canadian Aviation Regulations(CARs), Airworthiness Directives(AD), Service Bulletins(SB), and Service Difficulty Reports(SDR)to ensure compliance?
After the Task
- Did I perform the task to the best of my abilities?
- Is the result of the job task performed equal to or better than the original design?
- Was the job task performed in accordance with appropriate data?
- Did I use all the methods, techniques, and practices acceptable to the industry?
- Did I perform the job task without pressure, stress and distractions?
Did I re-inspect my work or have someone inspect my work before returning the aircraft to service?
Have the required "Independent Checks" of affected controls been accomplished and recorded?
- Did I record the proper entries for the work performed?
- Did I perform the operational checks after the work was completed?
- Am I willing to sign off for the work performed?
- Am I willing to fly in the aircraft once it is approved for the return to service?
Adapted from Aviation Safety Program, FAA
- Date modified: