Chapter 6 - Aviation Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (A-OH&S)
1. The Transport Canada Aviation OH&S (Occupational Health and Safety) Program began in 1987. The program is designed for the Aviation industry and is administered and enforced by Transport Canada, Civil Aviation through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC). The program was delegated to Transport Canada, Civil Aviation because of its technical expertise in the area.
1. The Program's authority is found in the Canada Labour Code Part II (Code). Aviation OH&S Regulations prescribe standards to ensure the health and safety of employees working on board aircraft while in operation.
1. The corner-stone of the A-OH&S Program is to ensure compliance with the purpose of the Canada Labour Code Part II which is: "to prevent accidents and injury to health, arising out of, linked with or occurring in the course of employment". The A-OH&S Program ascertains compliance of this legislation for employees working on board an aircraft while in operation.
2. The philosophy behind the program is that safety at work is everyone's responsibility. To meet its objectives, the A-OH&S Program is based on ongoing monitoring of the work place and various activities such as: inspections, investigations and promotional/educational campaigns. Safety officers across the country are responsible for the A-OH&S Program delivery.
3. Should you require further information regarding this program contact your nearest Regional Civil Aviation Safety Inspector - Occupational Health and Safety (CASI-OSH). (See Web address on page (ii) of the Table of Contents.)
4. The web address for the Transport Canada A-OH&S Program, which includes links to the Code and Regulations is: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/commerce-ohs-menu-2059.htm
Please note that in order to get the proper form you must type in the form number as indicated below:
- Preliminary Report of A Hazardous Occurrence 26-0613
- Assurance of Voluntary Compliance 26-0614
- Assurance of Voluntary Compliance 26-0615
- Work Place Health and Safety Committee Report 26-0616
- Work Place Health and Safety Committee Minutes 26-0617
- Complaint Registration 26-0618
- Refusal to Work Registration 26-0620
- Hazardous Occurrence Investigation Report 26-0621
- Date modified: