5.4.1 An example SCIG is contained in Appendix5-A of this manual. This is an example for an aeroplane simulator; however, the same format and related content can be used for rotorcraft simulators and FTDs.
5.4.2 Appendix5-A lists the major simulator components, the operational condition of the component, the phase of simulator the component applies to, the category the simulator is placed in because of the component's condition and prescribes the action that is required for training or checking, if authorized.
5.4.3 When a component becomes inoperative the simulator will be placed in one of the following categories:
- no training or checking;
- training under specific conditions; or
5.4.4 An explanation of the column headings from Appendix5-A is as follows:
- Component - a principal essential part such as the radios, performance instruments, engine instruments, system control panels, motion system, visual system or control loading that is computer operated, including the computer.
- Situation - indicates which component or subpart has failed or deteriorated below initial qualification standards.
- Level - refers to the approved level of the simulator only and indicates to which level of simulator the inoperative component applies.
- Categories - are restrictions or authorizations placed on the simulator when a component becomes inoperative.
- Remarks - contains the conditions that must be met for training in specific conditions or when checking is authorized.
5.4.5 The following definitions are applicable to Appendix5-A:
- No Training or Checking - means that the training credits and checking that were authorized in that level of simulator are not allowed with the component inoperative.
- Training in Specific Conditions - means some training is permitted if certain conditions are met as stated under the "Remarks" column in Appendix5-A.
- Checking - means any checking for a flight crew member licence, rating, type rating, LOFT, recency of experience, night take-off and landings and proficiency checks.
- Date modified: