6.2 Qualifications for SAR Appointment
6.2.1 An organization which requests the appointment of a SAR shall have a capable simulator technical organization which is satisfactory to TC.
6.2.2 The individual for whom the SAR appointment is requested shall:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration Act, 1976;
- be engaged in the provision of technical services in an organization that maintains or operates aircraft simulators in Canada;
- have a thorough working knowledge of simulators and be technically competent to effectively apply the aircraft simulator and training device approval standards within the limits of his/her mandate;
- have the necessary authority in the organization to effectively control the application of simulator approval and training device standards within the limits of his/her mandate;
- have a satisfactory working relationship with relevant TC staff;
- be personally suitable by exhibiting such characteristics as professional integrity, co-operative attitude, ability to exercise sound judgement and maintain a high degree of objectivity while performing SAR functions notwithstanding any influence to the contrary;
- be a graduate of a technical college in an appropriate discipline or the equivalent such as completion of an apprentice program; and
- have at least fifteen years of progressively responsible simulator related technical experience appropriate to the responsibilities and duties of a SAR.
- Date modified: