6.5Validity of Appointment
6.5.1 Unless terminated under Section6.5.2 of this Chapter, a SAR appointment shall be effective for up to five years from date of issue. It may be reviewed for additional periods of five years at the discretion of TC. A renewal is effected by issuing a new Certificate of Appointment specifying the renewal period.
6.5.2 A SAR appointment made under this Chapter terminates:
- upon the written request of the SAR;
- upon written request of an employer who nominated the SAR;
- when the SAR ceases employment with the employer who nominated the SAR for appointment;
- upon a finding by TC that the SAR has not properly performed the duties of a SAR; and
- when a SAR has not exercised the privileges of his appointment for a period in excess of three years.
- Date modified: