Part IV - Personnel Licensing and Training
Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) 2017-2
Standard 421 – Flight Crew Permits, Licences and Ratings
Appendix A - Aircraft Type Designator Tables (includes Blanket and Individual Type Ratings)
The tables provided below are applicable to Aircraft Type Designators that are endorsed on flight crew permits and licenses in accordance with Part IV of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs).
Transport Canada incorporates two certification processes for new aircraft being introduced and operated in Canada - the aircraft certification itself, and the operational evaluation process. These evaluations are conducted separately.
- Aircraft type certification, which occurs first, results in an Aircraft Type Certificate Data Sheet that Transport Canada uses to assign aircraft type designators and minimum crew requirements.
- The operational evaluation (OE) that is conducted by an Operational Evaluation Team after the certification process, results in a determination whether or not the aircraft is considered a variant of an existing type requiring additional Aircraft Differences Training.
The following tables are provided as guides only.
- Aircraft Blanket Type Ratings
- Two Crew Aeroplanes
- High Performance Aeroplanes
- Gyroplanes - Two seats or more
- Date modified: