Part V - Standard 571 Appendix L - Major Repair or Major Modification Report
- Part I
- Part II
- Part III
- Part IV
- Part V
- Chapter 500
- Standard 501
- Chapter 505
- Standard 507
- Standard 509
- Chapter 511
- Chapter 513
- Chapter 516
- Chapter 522
- Chapter 523 (VLA)
- Chapter 523
- Chapter 525
- Chapter 527
- Chapter 529
- Chapter 531
- Chapter 533
- Chapter 535
- Chapter 537
- Chapter 541
- Chapter 549
- Chapter 551
- Standard 561
- Chapter 563
- Chapter 566
- Standard 571
- Standard 573
- Standard 591
- Standard 593
- Part VI
- Part VII
- Part VIII
- Part IX
Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) 2017-3
Content last revised: 2002/09/01
(refer to section 571.12 of this standard)
1. This appendix provides information related to the use of a Major Repair or Major Modification Report, for reporting a major repair or a major modification to aircraft.
2. Section 571.12 of the CARs requires that when an aircraft has undergone a major repair or major modification, the actions shall be reported to the Minister. Routine changes of landing gear configuration, or role equipment are exempt from the reporting requirement.
3. A copy of the report must be completed and, except as provided in section 6 below, sent to the Transport Canada Centre assigned to the geographical area in which the owner of the aircraft resides or manages his business within 30 days after the aircraft is returned to service.
4. All entries must be typewritten or clearly printed in block letters in permanent ink.
5. Transport Canada does not publish a Major Repair or Major Modification Report form. The report may be reproduced by the user as a printed form or in computer generated format. User produced forms must comply with the format provided herein, including block numbers and must have the blocks located as per the layout provided. The size of the blocks may be varied to suit individual applications, but not to the extent that would make the report unrecognizable.
6. In the case of an air operator, an alternate reporting system described in a Maintenance Control Manual approved pursuant to Subpart 706 of the CARs satisfies the procedures set out in section 571.12 of this standard.
Completion of the Report by the Originator
Except as otherwise stated in these instructions, there must be an entry in each block.
Refer to the attached sample of a Major Repair or Major Modification Report.
Block 1 Aircraft
Enter the "Make", "Model" and "Serial Number" as found on the manufacturer's identification plate.
Block 2 Owner
Enter the aircraft owner's complete name and address as shown on the certificate of registration for the aircraft. The "Nationality and Registration Mark" must be the same as shown on the aircraft certificate of registration or affixed to the aircraft.
Block 3 Type of work
Enter a check mark () in the appropriate box to indicate whether the aircraft was repaired or modified.
Block 4 Person / Organization who accomplished the repair or modification
Enter the name and permanent address of the person or organization who accomplished the repair or modification.
The maintenance release is completed in the applicable aircraft technical records, together with the complete details of the repairs or modifications performed.
Block 5 Description of work accomplished
This block must contain a clear, concise, and legible statement describing the work. It is important that locations of repairs or modifications, relative to the aircraft be included in the description. Work resulting in acoustical changes must be emphasized. If necessary, complete the description of the work accomplished on the reverse side of the report or attach additional sheets to it. In the latter case, indicate in block 5 that additional sheets are attached, inscribe on each sheet the aircraft registration marks and the date the work was completed.
- Date modified: