Operations Specification 614
SUBJECT: REQUIRED NAVIGATION PERFORMANCE 4 (RNP 4) AIRSPACE
1. This operations specification is issued pursuant to the subparagraph of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) referred to in section 3 of this operations specification. The air operator is authorized to conduct operations in Required Navigation Performance 4 (RNP 4) Airspace provided that the provisions of this operations specification are met.
2. The requirements for authorization to operate in RNP 4 airspace are as follows:
- The aircraft
- is equipped with at least two independent long range navigation systems capable of meeting a position accuracy of +/- 4 NM or better for 95% of the flight time;
- meets the aircraft eligibility and aircraft requirements of the ICAO Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Manual, Doc 9613, Vol II, Part C, Chapter 1 Implementing RNP 4; and
- meets the technical requirements of the navigation element of FAA Order 8400.33, Procedures for Obtaining Authorization for Required Navigation Performance 4 (RNP 4) Oceanic and Remote Area operations.
- Company Operations Manual
The air operator shall establish procedures in its Company Operations Manual for the guidance of its personnel and any other procedures related to the conduct of RNP 4 operations that are necessary for safe operation. These procedures shall include at least a system description and any limitations; the operational aspects, including normal, abnormal and emergency operations; and any effects or dependencies on other aircraft systems.
CANADIAN AVIATION REGULATIONS
3. This operations specification is issued pursuant to:
4. Subject to the restriction(s) referred to in section 5 of this operations specification, the reference number(s) for the appropriate aircraft type(s) as listed in part II of this air operator certificate are:
5. This authorization is limited to the following specific series and/or specific aircraft registration(s), if applicable:
6. The applicable training requirements are contained in Commercial Air Service Standards 722.76(15), 723.98(21), 724.115(22) or 725.124(27), as applicable to the Canadian Aviation Regulations Subpart identified in section 3 of this operations specification. The air operator shall provide training to personnel involved with RNP 4 operations that addresses at least the following:
- the operation of the area navigation systems by flight crew in accordance with the training requirements set out in the subsection of the Commercial Air Services Standards, and;
- initial and recurrent approved training programs specific to RNP 4 that ensure that each flight crew member and operational control personnel are proficient in the following areas:
- flight planning for RNP 4 airspace;
- navigation performance requirements for RNP 4 airspace;
- en route procedures for RNP 4 airspace; and
- contingency procedures for RNP 4 airspace.
PREV~Supersedes the one dated : PREV~
For Minister of Transport
- Date modified: