4.6. FMS/GPS/INS/RNAV Procedures
- Record of Amendments
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
Also available in PDF and RTF Formats
[If the Aeroplane type that the SCSOPs refer to is not equipped with an RNAV system do not include this section.]INS) is specified in areas of the CARs standards other than those that pertain to the SCSOPs.]
[In this section describe the RNAV procedures that are applicable to your: type of Aeroplane, operation, company policy. Include (if applicable) any route offset procedures.]
- General — [Insert relevant general company policy statements on use of RNAV during the en route phase of flight - a sample follows.] During the en route phase of flight RNAV equipment is to be used to the extent practical to minimize flight time and generally improve the efficiency of the operation.
- Navigation and Display — As the best check of an RNAV system's performance is another RNAV system, where two or more systems are available, they should be used to verify the performance of each other. To the extent practical, without interfering with the operation of the RNAV systems, the remaining NAVAIDS should be selected to provide additional position information. .
Routing Changes — When a change of routing is required, the following procedure should be followed.
- The Pilot should enter the route into the RNAV system.
- At each stage of the entry process the pilot should verify that data has been entered correctly. To the extent possible, the reverse path verification procedure described in the Departure chapter should be used. Waypoints that have been previously verified since the last data base entry need only be checked to confirm that the correct waypoint has been selected. Only once the routing has been verified is navigation using the RNAV permitted.
- The second RNAV should be programmed the same as the Pilots. If possible, the data should be transferred electronically rather than manually.
- Should a significant period of time be necessary to complete the programming, ATC should be notified of any delays due to programming.
- Date modified: