5.10. Final Landing Check
- Record of Amendments
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
Also available in PDF and RTF Formats
[Like the Before Landing Check, the Final Landing Check contents must be tailored to the individual type of Aeroplane. It may not even be appropriate for your Aeroplane to have such a check. Such a check would typically be useful if your Aeroplane:
- sometimes (or always) requires the deployment of additional flap only once landing is assured;
- requires a last check that the landing gear is safely extended just before landing;
- requires that engine bleed air or a heating/cooling system be turned off immediately before landing or missed approach; and/or
- requires a change to propeller setting once landing is assured.]
General — The Final Landing Check is the second of two checks that are used to configure the Aeroplane specifically for landing. As this check may be done during an especially high workload period and at a time when flight deck lighting may be subdued to reduce glare, it is to be carried out from memory. It is normally commenced at the following points of various types of approaches after the Before Landing Check has been completed.
- For Visual Approaches, Contact Approaches, and VFR Circuits, between 1,000 and 500 feet above landing.
- For Category I Precision Approaches and all Non-Precision Approaches, immediately after the "100 Above" point.
- For Category II or III Precision Approaches, between 1,000 and 500 feet above landing.
- Expanded Final Landing Check — The expanded Final Landing Check follows:
FINAL LANDING CHECK
Bleeds — OFF
- The bleeds must be selected off as the SAMPLE Aeroplane is not approved for landing or go around with the bleeds on.
Flaps Approach/Land — Selected or Up
- At the Pilots direction, the Flaps are to be selected to Land. For landings where no change in flap setting is to be carried out, the Pilot does not change the setting but does confirm that the selection is correct.
- Flaps Approach/Land — Set or Up
- Final Landing Check — Complete
- Date modified: