- Record of Amendments
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
Also available in PDF and RTF Formats
[In developing procedures for evacuation consider the following:
- Specify the minimum actions that are required to sufficiently shut down the Aeroplane to make it as safe as reasonable for the passengers to leave the Aeroplane.
- As there is potential for injury, specify that if possible the Pilot should command the evacuation. Specify the procedures to initiate evacuation if the Pilot is incapacitated.
- Specify by individual crew member who is to carry out each action for handling of passengers during the evacuation.
- Provide guidance for handling of disabled and non-ambulatory passengers.
Contact your regional office for additional information on handling of passengers in an evacuation]
Evacuation Drill — The evacuation drill is initiated by the Pilot using the standard call "Evacuation Drill." If the Pilot is unable to issue the command, any other crew member may do so if warranted. The expanded evacuation drill follows. The drill as described is predicated on the pilot being able to carry it out.
- * EMERGENCY BRAKES — SET
- * Condition Levers — FUEL OFF
* T-Handle — Pull
- Pull the T-Handle only in the event of an engine fire, and then only the T-Handle of the affected engine. The extinguishers will only arm for one of the engines. Pulling the T-Handles for both engines may select the extinguishers to the wrong engine
* Extinguisher Switches — a/r
- Operate both extinguisher switches for the affected engine.
- * EMERGENCY LIGHTS — ON
- * AFTER PROPELLERS HAVE STOPPED
* Evacuation — Initiate
- The Pilot should command evacuation unless incapacitated. The standard call by the Pilot for initiating evacuation is " Evacuate through (indicate the exit to be used)! Now!" The command is to be spoken three times in a clear and very loud voice.
* Electrical Power Systems — OFF
- Electrical power must be available for the Public Address System to be used to command the evacuation. As soon as the command to evacuate is given, the Electrical Power Systems should be selected off.
Passenger Evacuation — [Insert the crew duties for handling of passengers during an evacuation.]
- Date modified: