Registering and leasing aircraft
From Transport Canada
Transport Canada publishes a series of “How Do I…?” guides for the aircraft registration process. They will help you identify:
- which category of aircraft you want to register
- how to apply for a certificate of registration
- when to amend your certificate of registration
Also consult this series to learn about aircraft importation and exportation, including how to:
- register an aircraft that was imported into Canada
- export a Canadian-registered aircraft outside the country
“How Do I…?”:
- Obtain an Authorisation for a Production Aircraft?
- Register My New Aircraft in Canada? (TP 13153)
- Re-register an Aircraft in My Name? (TP 13277)
- Co-register an Aircraft in Canada for Two or More Owners? (TP 13276)
- Register My Basic Ultra-light Aeroplane in Canada? (TP 13157)
- Register My Advanced Ultra-light Aeroplane in Canada? (TP 13155)
- Register My Amateur-built Aircraft in Canada? (TP 13156)
- Register My Imported Aircraft in Canada? (TP 13154)
- Export My Canadian Registered Aircraft? (TP 13275)
- Change My Address on My Certificate of Registration? (TP 13305)
Registering your advanced ultra-light aeroplane
To register an advanced ultra-light, first find your aeroplane on the Listing of models eligible to be registered as advanced ultra-light aeroplanes.
Detailed regulations apply to basic and advanced ultra-light aircraft ownership. Information on these requirements is available in Transport Canada’s Ultra-light Aeroplane Transition Strategy. Chapters two and three discuss ultra-light aircraft registration.
Transport Canada also publishes these guides to aircraft registration and leasing:
Did you know that you can search all registered aircraft in Canada? Visit the Civil Aircraft Register Database, where you can also download a copy of the full registry.
- Date modified: