Public Involvement and Consultations
- The Government of Canada's Consulting Canadians site
- Consultations currently listed in the Canada Gazette.
Transport Canada is committed to listening to the voices and views of Canadians, and to including them in decision making. Effective and meaningful public involvement is essential to enable Transport Canada to fulfil its mandate, deliver programs, launch new initiatives and build public trust.
By providing opportunities for Canadian citizens, our stakeholders and industry experts to get involved, we can gain new perspectives and identify the public's concerns and values. This leads to more creative solutions, more effective policies and better decision making.
Public involvement in Transport Canada activities can take place in a number of ways:
- You may have questions that you would like us to answer.
- You may have views that you want us to understand.
- You may want to be part of a larger dialogue on a specific issue.
- Or, we may want to find out what you think about a particular issue or something we are considering.
Consultations are one way that we at Transport Canada involve the public in our planning and decision-making processes. We invite you to visit this site regularly to learn more about our current and planned consultation activities and how you can get involved.
The Canada Gazette gives various interested groups and individuals, as well as Canadians in general, a final opportunity to review and comment on a proposed regulation at the last stages of the regulation-making process, before it is enacted and published in Part II of the Canada Gazette.
- Date modified: