Public Opinion Research
Transport Canada regularly conducts a broad range of activities to gather information on the public's attitudes, perceptions, ideas, reactions or views relating to various issues and topics.
Public opinion research helps the government:
- better understand Canadian society;
- identify citizen needs and expectations;
- assess the public's response to proposals or to possible changes or initiatives;
- assess the effectiveness of policies, programs and services;
- measure progress in service improvement;
- evaluate the effectiveness of communications activities such as advertising; and
- plan and evaluate marketing initiatives, among other applications.
Public opinion research conducted in 2008:
- Passenger Protect Program - ID Requirement Assessment (January 2008)
- Air Cargo Security Initiative (March 2008)
- Survey of Intelligent Transportation Systems R&D Requirements (January 2008)
- Date modified: