To have the refusal of your application for a Clearance (or the cancellation of a Clearance) reconsidered, you must complete the Application to the Office of Reconsideration form. The Office of Reconsideration must receive your application within 30 days from the day you received the Refusal or Cancellation Letter from Transport Canada.
How do I complete the form?
In order to ensure that your application is considered, it is important that you complete the form carefully. This will help to decrease the amount of time it will take to conduct the review. Please ensure that you have included all of the details pertaining to your situation by using the following guidelines.
Section A: Applicant Information
- Print your personal information, including your name and mailing address.
Section B: Grounds for Application
- Describe the reason that you are applying to the Office of Reconsideration, including any information that you believe clarifies your original application for a Clearance.
- Make sure to provide information to explain why you should be granted a Clearance. Do not limit yourself to the space provided on the form. If you need more space, use and attach a separate piece of paper.
- Attach a copy of the Refusal or Cancellation Letter from the Minister. This will help to expedite the process.
Section C: Privacy Act Statement and Consent
- Read, sign and date.
Getting help with your application for reconsideration
You can designate another person to apply for reconsideration on your behalf by completing and returning a Designate Form. By doing this, you are identifying one person, other than yourself, who can represent you when communicating with the Office of Reconsideration. Information about your application and review will not be shared with anyone other than your designate.
Important information to keep in mind
- Your application must be received by the Office of Reconsideration within thirty (30) days from the date you received the Refusal or Cancellation Letter from Transport Canada.
- Please print clearly and carefully so that all your information can be read and understood by an independent advisor.
- Your application for reconsideration is an opportunity to provide details and evidence demonstrating that you do not pose a threat to marine transportation security.
- Date modified: