Apply to the Community Participation Funding Program
From Transport Canada
The Community Participation Funding Program (CPFP) helps eligible Indigenous groups and local communities to take part in developing and improving Canada’s marine transportation system.
Eligibility for funding
You must send your application at least 20 business days before the date(s) of the engagement activity(ies) and/or meeting(s) you want to coordinate and participate in.
Eligible recipients include:
- not-for-profit organizations
- local communities (for example, municipal governments, resident associations, individuals selected to represent local entities with no legal status)
- Indigenous groups
Conditions of funding
We will fund up to 100% of eligible expenses. We do not provide advance funding. Applicants must have enough up-front funding to pay costs.
Eligible applicants may receive:
- funding to reimburse the costs of coordinating, preparing for and participating in engagement activities and/or meetings
- additional funding to reimburse the costs for professional services, if needed to prepare for engagement activities and/or meetings
For example, costs eligible for reimbursement could include:
- professional fees for consultation services (legal, environmental, etc.)
- travel costs
- administrative costs
For detailed information about eligible costs, refer to the Applicant’s Guide.
What you need to know before you start
- Read the Applicant’s Guide in full before you apply
- You must send your application at least 20 business days before the date(s) of the engagement activity and/or meeting you plan to coordinate and/or participate in
- You must complete the Application Form (for either single or multiple organization(s))
- Your application must be signed, accurate and complete
How to apply
- Use the Application Form (for single or multiple organization(s)) to create your application.
- Sign and submit your application.
- Once your application has been approved and you have incurred costs, complete and sign the Reimbursement Form. This only applies to single-organization applications.
Submit your application
Submit your application electronically or by mail. We will confirm receipt of all application packages.
Note: Your electronic application must be in PDF format and must include original signatures.
Community Participation Funding Program
330 Sparks Street, Place de Ville – Tower C (AHEC)
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N5
Guides and help
- CPFP Applicant's Guide
- CPFP Application Form for Single Organizations [PDF, 671 KB]
- CPFP Application Form for Multiple Organizations [PDF, 695 KB]
- CPFP Reimbursement Form [PDF, 618 KB]
Related services and information
- Date modified: