Boating Safety Contribution Program
We help eligible organizations promote boating safety or conduct research on the most effective ways to change boating behaviors.
Why? Because deaths and injuries from boating accidents continue to occur. From 1991-2008, there were just over 3,000 boating related deaths reported by the Canadian Red Cross, of which 86 per cent were from recreational boating.
How? We fund projects that:
- increase the number of pleasure craft operators following safe boating practices;
- improve access to national boating incident data that will improve stakeholder's capacity to deliver evidence-based awareness and education initiatives; and
- help reduce deaths, injuries and property damage due to boating accidents.
Who is eligible?
- Not-for-Profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs);
- Public Safety Organizations;
- Educational Institutions;
- Healthcare Institutes;
- Organizations associated with facilities specializing in safety and medical research;
- Enforcement services; and
- Provincial, Territorial and Municipal Governments
- Date modified: