Boating Safety Contribution Program
We help eligible organizations promote boating safety or conduct research on the most effective ways to change boating behaviors.
Why? Because deaths and injuries from boating accidents continue to occur. From 1991-2008, there were just over 3,000 boating related deaths reported by the Canadian Red Cross, of which 86 per cent were from recreational boating.
How? We fund projects that:
- increase the number of pleasure craft operators following safe boating practices;
- improve access to national boating incident data that will improve stakeholder's capacity to deliver evidence-based awareness and education initiatives; and
- help reduce deaths, injuries and property damage due to boating accidents.
Who is eligible?
- Not-for-Profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs);
- Public Safety Organizations;
- Educational Institutions;
- Healthcare Institutes;
- Organizations associated with facilities specializing in safety and medical research;
- Enforcement services; and
- Provincial, Territorial and Municipal Governments
Call for Proposals and Application Deadline is now closed for 2015-16 project submissions
The deadline for the receipt of project submissions under the BSCP for fiscal year 2015-16 ended on October 15, 2014. The Program will post a Call for Proposal in late Spring 2015 for projects to commence in fiscal year 2016-17. Please continue to check the website for updates and application information.
- Boating Safety Contribution Program — Newsletter 2 – May 2014
- Boating Safety Contribution Program — Newsletter 1 – December 2013
In this section, you will find a list including brief summaries of funded projects grouped by fiscal year in which they were approved. This is to provide information on what has been done in the past. This might also provide opportunities to replicate a project in other areas of Canada as well as provide ideas of projects that haven’t been done before under the Program or even encourage organizations with a common goal to work collaboratively on a project.
- Date modified: