Small Vessels Inspection
It’s your responsibility to have your vessel inspected before it enters service. Aside from being the law, inspection will help protect your crew and passengers as well as your vessel.
Inspection determines whether your vessel meets the safety regulations requirements.
Small Commercial Vessels 0-15 gross tons
- including passenger vessels carrying up to 12 passengers
- Small Vessel Monitoring & Inspection Program
Small Commercial Vessels 15-150 gross tons
- carrying 13-100 passengers
- Periodic Inspection
Small Fishing Vessels
Special Purpose/ Non-conventional Vessels
- River Rafting (the Special Purpose Vessel Audit Checklist (186 KB) *, designed specially for river rafting, is available as a self inspection tool)
- Air Cushion Vehicles (hovercraft)
- Amphibious Vehicles
- Sail Training Vessels
Please contact your nearest Transport Canada Centre for details on Special Purpose/ Non-conventional Vessel inspections.
* To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
- Date modified: