Marine Training, Examination and Certification
- Service Standards for Marine Safety's Fees
- Marine Training, Examination and Certification - Home Page
- Main Menu
- Seafarers' Registry, Contributions and Marine Emergency Duties (MED) Divestiture Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Medical Exams
- Related Marine Safety Documentation
- Ship Safety Bulletins
- Partners and Related Links
The Marine Training, Examination and Certification section is responsible for the development and maintenance of Regulations, Examinations, and Training Standards for the Certification of Seafarers. This section also issues Certificates of Competency to seafarers after they have successfully completed all prerequisites and examinations appropriate to the level of certification. Comprehensive records are maintained on all seafarers who are candidates or recipients of the aforementioned certificates.
How to Achieve the Desired Level of Marine Safety?
To achieve the desired level of marine safety, it is essential that properly trained, qualified and competent ship officers and crew operate Canadian ships. This is addressed under both the Canada Shipping Act and the International Convention on the Certification of Seafarers.
- Date modified: