Small Vessel Compliance Program (SVCP)
Your vessel. Your responsibility.
Support the Small Vessel Compliance Program
The Small Vessel Compliance Program (SVCP) is our easy-to-use tool to help small non-pleasure vessel owners operate safely and protect the environment.
What's new in the SVCP!
- Check out our new films on how the SVCP can make a difference!
- Who is the SVCP for?
- Why should I participate in the SVCP?
- How do I enroll in the SVCP?
- Where can I find more information?
The Small Vessel Compliance Program (SVCP) is for vessels that:
- measure between 0 and 15 gross tonnage
- carry between 0 and 12 passengers
- is not a pleasure craft
This includes workboats and government vessels.
Recreational Boating Schools can also enroll in the Small Vessel Compliance Program.
The SVCP does not currently enroll fishing vessels or human-powered vessels.
If you own or operate a small vessel in Canada, there are safety and environmental requirements in the Canada Shipping Act, 2001 (CSA 2001) that apply to you. The SVCP is not mandatory, but meeting these requirements is. The SVCP Enrolment Form (Detailed Compliance Report) is an easy to follow check list that helps you be aware of Canadian regulations and operate legally. Participants in the SVCP receive a blue decal to display on their vessel.
Enrolling in the SVCP is easy. Simply follow these three steps and be a safe and environmentally friendly vessel!
- Step 1 – Fill out the SVCP form – online or from your local Transport Canada Marine Safety office
- Step 2 – Submit your form and documents
- Step 3 – Get your Blue Decal!
To learn more about the SVCP, please contact:
Or see our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
- Date modified: