Scope and Application
- The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for seafarers, as amended (STCW Convention), provides standards regarding the use of simulator in Chapter I of the mandatory Code “A”.
- Canada has made training on engine room simulator-base courses mandatory to obtain certain level of engineering officer’s certificates of competency.
- This publication is intended to provide guidance to Recognized Institutions that wish to be approved under the Marine Personnel Regulations to provide a training certificate at the appropriate level of engine room simulator-base course.
- This publication is intended to provide information to marine stakeholders with respect to programme content and the general conditions associated with engine room simulator-base courses, conducted at Recognized Institutions.
This publication is intended to provide guidelines and standards to conduct engine room simulator–base courses, instructional techniques involving the use of engine room simulators, and operational experience on the particular type of engine room being used for the training of marine engineers.
- Section 16 of the Canada Shipping Act, 2001 provides for the Minister of Transport to specify the manner in which Canadian maritime documents are issued
- Section 114 of the Marine Personnel Regulations (MPR)
- The Examination and Certification of Seafarers TP 2293.
Original version of TP 10935
- Date modified: