Defect investigations of motor vehicles, tires, and child car seats
From Transport Canada
Transport Canada documents and analyzes complaints about potential safety defects in vehicles, tires and child car seats. If warranted, we also investigate these problems.
See Reporting potential safety defects in motor vehicles, tires, and child car seats to report a problem.
See the links below for lists of:
Note: In some cases, deactivated investigations may be re-activated if new information is received.
To understand more about the defect investigation process, see our General information about motor vehicle defects and recalls.
Recent results of investigations
See the links below for recent decisions and determinations that resulted from defect investigations:
- Preliminary Determination – Ford F-150 Brake Vacuum Assist Failures
- Update – Preliminary Determination – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles power steering hose
- Preliminary Determination – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles power steering hose failures
- Final Decision – 2012-2014 Fiat 500 and 500c with automatic transmission
- Preliminary Determination - 2012-2014 Fiat 500 and 500c with automatic transmission
Contact us for more information on defect investigations
Defect Investigations and Recalls Division
1-800-333-0510 (toll-free in Canada)
819-994-3328 (Gatineau-Ottawa area, or internationally)
- Date modified: