Motor Vehicle Safety
- Update – Preliminary Determination – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Power Steering Hose
- Canadian Motor Vehicle Traffic Collision Statistics: 2014
- Final Decision – 2012-2014 Fiat 500 and 500c with Automatic Transmission
- SEE and be SEEN
- Preliminary Determination - 2012 - 2014 Fiat 500 and 500c with Automatic Transmission
- Takata recalls in Canada
- Airbag Readiness Light
- Stay Informed and Stay Safe! - Vehicle, Tire and Child Car Seat Recalls
- Rental Vehicles from the United States
- FAQ - Ask Road Safety
Transport Canada’s Motor Vehicle Safety Directorate works with industry and government partners to make Canada's roads the safest in the world.
Governed by the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act and the Motor Vehicle Transport Act, we propose, apply and enforce national safety standards in three main areas:
Transport Canada sets safety standards for the design, construction and importation of the many types of motor vehicles that share our roads.
Child car seat safety
Transport Canada works to make sure that child car seats provide the best possible protection.
Motor Carriers, Commercial Vehicles and their Drivers
Transport Canada establishes the safety fitness requirements by which provinces and territories regulate motor carriers under federal jurisdiction. We also regulate drivers’ hours of service to prevent accidents due to fatigue.
Learn more about other road safety initiatives:
- 1-800-333-0371 (long distance, Canada)
- 1-613-998-8616 (Ottawa region and from other countries)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: