Child Restraint and Booster Seats & Consumer Information Notices
When child seats have a defect, do not meet safety standards or have other problems, Transport Canada issues an advisory notice. These notices will tell you if there is a problem with your seat and what you need to do to have it fixed.
Transport Canada does not rate, rank, endorse or approve child restraint systems or booster cushions.
Transport Canada strongly advises parents and caregivers to follow all of the manufacturer's instructions and respect the expiry or useful life dates. For more information on this issue, visit Children's car seats and booster cushions: How long are they safe?
- Barbie, Ferrari, Fisher-Price, and Hot Wheels Booster Seats – Minimum Height Discrepancy - (Public Notice) - October 3, 2014
- Little Tikes Booster Seat – Incorrect Labelling - (Public Notice) - July 22, 2014
- Graco Snugride 22, Snugride 30, Snugride 35, Aprica – Buckle Replacement - (Public Notice) - July 11, 2014
- Evenflo Child Car Seats – Harness Buckle Replacement - (Public Notice) - May 1, 2014
- Diono Radian Restraint Systems – Missing Memory Foam - (Public Notice) - April 29, 2014
- Fisher Price Safe Voyage Grow-with-Me – Structural Failure - (Public Notice) - April 24, 2014
- Fisher Price Safe Voyage 3-in-1 – Harness Position Clarification - (Consumer Information Notice) - March 31, 2014
- Graco Nautilus and MyRide 65 Car Seats – Buckle Replacement - (Public Notice) - March 3, 2014
- Britax Harness/Booster Restraint Systems – Missing Aircraft Installation Instructions - (Public Notice) - December 24, 2013
A Public Notice is issued when products do not comply with safety standards or have a defect.
Consumer Information Notices
A Consumer Information Notice is issued when there is a general problem with a restraint that does not relate to compliance or defect.
To obtain a copy of a notice, please contact Transport Canada:
1-800-333-0371 toll free or 613-998-8616 calling from Ottawa area
Road Safety and Motor Vehicle
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street
- Date modified: