Child Restraint and Booster Seats & Consumer Information Notices
When child seats have a defect, do not meet safety standards or have other problems, Transport Canada issues an advisory notice. These notices will tell you if there is a problem with your seat and what you need to do to have it fixed.
Transport Canada does not rate, rank, endorse or approve child restraint systems or booster cushions.
Transport Canada strongly advises parents and caregivers to follow all of the manufacturer's instructions and respect the expiry or useful life dates. For more information on this issue, visit Children's car seats and booster cushions: How long are they safe?
- Canadian Tire Apramo and Kukuxumusu Booster Seats – Non Compliance with Stiffness and Flammability requirements - (Public Notice) - January 22, 2016
- Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seats – Carry Handle Reinforcement - (Public Notice) - January 21, 2016
- KidsEmbrace Cinderella Combination Booster – Incorrect Minimum Weight on Booster Label - (Public Notice) - January 4, 2016
- RECARO Performance RIDE – Missing Date of Manufacture - (Public Notice) - November 25, 2015
- Sparco No-Back Booster Seat - Non-Compliance with Flammability Requirements - (Public Notice) - October 30, 2015
- Diono Cambria Booster Seat - Non-Compliance with Flammability Requirements - (Public Notice) - October 29, 2015
- Britax ClickTight Convertibles – Harness Adjuster Button Recall - (Public Notice) - August 13, 2015
- Evenflo Snugli & Embrace 35 – Incorrect Handle Position on Labelling - (Public Notice) - August 12, 2015
- Graco Snugride 22 Classic Connect – Non-compliance to Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards - (Public Notice) - May 14, 2015
- Learning Curve recalls VIA I470C model child restraints with various brand names - (Public Notice) - December 19, 2014
A Public Notice is issued when products do not comply with safety standards or have a defect.
Consumer Information Notices
A Consumer Information Notice is issued when there is a general problem with a restraint that does not relate to compliance or defect.
To obtain a copy of a notice, please contact Transport Canada:
1-800-333-0371 toll free or 613-998-8616 calling from Ottawa area
Road Safety and Motor Vehicle
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street
- Date modified: