All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Safety
It is important before using an all-terrain vehicle to be aware of the laws that apply when and where you use your ATV, before you ride.
Transport Canada sets and enforces the safety standards required for new and imported vehicles. You can view these safety standards.
The provinces and territories regulate vehicle and driver licensing, and vehicle operation. You can view their laws related to ATVs.
To learn more about operating ATVs in your province or territory, rider training and safety, visit the websites below:
- Provincial/Territorial Governments
- Canada safety Council - ATV/UTV Safety Training
- Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV)
- The ATV safety Website of the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission
This Web page contains:
- a summary of the main provisions of Quebec's Act Respecting Off-Highway Vehicles;
- safety tips; and
- what to include in an ATV expedition survival kit.
- This Web page contains:
- Date modified: