Information for Canadian Residents Entering Canada with U.S. Rental Vehicles

Contact us

Canadian residents can now bring United States rental vehicles into Canada for non-commercial use for periods up to 30 days.

While these recent changes to the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (MVSA) allow for one-way and two way trips, the consent of the vehicle rental business is required for one-way trip rentals to allow for the vehicle’s delivery to a Canadian location.

Note: Visitors may continue to enter Canada with U.S. rental vehicles as they did before.

Related Link


  • 1-800-333-0371 (toll-free Canada and United States)
  • 1-613-998-8616 (Ottawa region and from other countries)
  • Email
Date modified: