- Transport Canada Web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or email address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an email or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- Transport Canada employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- A "cookie" is a computer file that is sent to a visitor's Web browser, by a Web server, in order to remember certain pieces of information. Transport Canada uses per-session and persistent tracking cookies on some portions of our Web site to store information within a session. During your visit to our site, your browser exchanges information with our Web server. These tracking cookies facilitate this exchange by reminding the server which computer is making the request. For more information, see Persistent and per-session Cookies and Tracking Web Page Visits to Improve Your Online Experience.
- Information on individual visitors is used by Transport Canada employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the Government of Canada.
- Transport Canada is a participant in the Government of Canada Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you the opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner. You may find additional information on PKI and how to use it here.
- Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Transport Canada may be directed to the Privacy Coordinator 613-993-6161 or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-282-1376 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca.
Official Languages Notice
Transport Canada respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site are available in both English and French. However, visitors should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Information and services that are provided on this site in language(s) other than English or French are only provided as a convenience to the visitor when available.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The government is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The government does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which Transport Canada links is not subject to the Privacy Act, the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which Transport Canada links is not subject to the Privacy Act and the Official Languages Act and may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information. However, the Government of Canada information hosted by these sites is identified as such and complies with the Official Languages Act and with obligations to be accessible to persons with disabilities.
Ownership and Usage of Content Provided on This Site
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by Transport Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Canada’s Copyright Act protects authors/creators who write something, take a photograph, design computer software, produce audiovisual materials, compose music, design maps, or draw plans or illustrations in either paper format or other mediums.
Crown copyright protects works created under the direction and control of Transport Canada.
Information on this site, other than government symbols, has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from Transport Canada, provided you do the following:
- exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- name both the complete title of the original work, and Transport Canada as the source department; and
- indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official Transport Canada work and was not produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of Transport Canada.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from Transport Canada.
Do I need permission (license) to reproduce Transport Canada works?
- you revise, adapt or translate a Transport Canada work; or
- you distribute your final product for commercial purposes.
In this case, complete the Application for Crown Copyright Clearance.
you reproduce a work (in part or in whole) for personal or public non-commercial purposes, or for cost-recovery purposes unless the material you wish to reproduce states you need permission.
- A reproduction means making a copy of information as published, with no changes.
- Personal and public non-commercial purposes mean distributing the reproduced information at no charge.
- Cost-recovery means charging a fee to recover printing and other related costs.
In this case, refer to the Non-commercial Reproduction section for the terms of usage.
To obtain more information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
330 Sparks Street
Government Symbols Reproduction
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the “Canada” wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5
Getting permission to reproduce Government of Canada symbols
All Government of Canada symbols are protected under the Trade-marks Act. The Arms of Canada, the Government of Canada signature, and the Canada wordmark are exclusive trademarks of the Government of Canada. Individuals or institutions external to the Government of Canada cannot use these marks without prior authorization. Requests for permission should be forwarded to:
Canadians are free to use and display the National Flag of Canada as they wish. However, the Trade-marks Act protects the National Flag of Canada against unauthorized commercial use. Requests to use the flag should be addressed to:
Director Ceremonial and Canadian Symbols Promotion
Department of Canadian Heritage
Ottawa ON K1A 0M5
Dates at the bottom of each page
Date modified (General)
Last updated refers to the date when the information was put on this Web site, when it was revised or when it was last reviewed for accuracy. If you wish more precise information, please view the source code, which has entries for date created, date modified and date valid (date for review). Due to their dynamic nature, on pages generated by a database, the date statement refers only to the page creation and not to the content that is being supplied.
Date modified (Application)
Last updated refers to the date the web-based application was put on this web-site or when the web-based application was last upgraded, as the pages displayed are dynamically generated by a database, the date statement does not refer to the content that is being supplied.
Use of TC Web Feeds
- Transport Canada does not endorse or support any of the products offered by non-Government of Canada sites
You may display the headlines, active links and other information contained in TC Web feeds (the "Web feed content") for non-commercial purposes, provided that:
- you do not modify or delete any Web feed content;
- you do not post TC content other than as included in the Web feeds;
- you do not redistribute the Web feeds;
- the use or display does not suggest endorsement by TC.
- When TC Web feeds are displayed publicly, including on a website, you must provide attribution to TC directly adjacent to the Web feed content by including "TC Headlines" in text. Any other use of TC Web feeds, including use in a commercial setting or use adjacent to advertising of any kind, requires express written permission in advance from TC.
- TC reserves the right to discontinue providing Web feeds or require that you cease displaying TC Web feed content at any time for any reason. By using the TC Web feeds, you agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions set forth on this page.
- Date modified: