Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Rail Policy is responsible for monitoring Canada's rail industry to ensure that it meets the varied requirements of the Canadian economy and Canadian shippers. In the federal context, this is done mainly through the Canada Transportation Act. In addition to providing on-going policy advice to the Minister of Transport on the broad range of factors that pertain to Canada's railway industry, the Branch also is responsible for administering the subsidy to VIA Rail, and it is also responsible for the federal government's fleet of 13,000 hopper cars used in the transportation of western grain.
- Comprehensive review of the third party liability and compensation regime for rail
- Government's Response to the Rail Freight Service Review
- Fair Rail Freight Service Act – News Release
- Bill C-52 - An Act to amend the Canada Transportation Act (administration, air and railway transportation and arbitration)
- Facilitator's Final Report - Service Agreement Template and Commercial Dispute Resolution Process
- Rail Freight Service Review
- Updated Feasibility Study of a High Speed Rail Service in the Québec City – Windsor Corridor
- Grain Handling and Transportation System
- Date modified: