Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Canada’s growing marine sector depends on its ports and marine facilities. They serve commercial fishing operations, marine cargo vessels and cruise ships. Transport Canada owns and manages several public ports.
Transport Canada also:
- Oversees Canada’s 18 Canada Port Authorities (CPAs);
- Sets and monitors port and marine facility service standards;
- Sets and collects public port fees;
- Divests regional/local and remote ports under the Port Divestiture Program; and
- Coordinates public notices and consultations.
- Date modified: