Navigation and operating data
The port facilities under Transport Canada jurisdiction are used chiefly by the Groupe maritime Verreault shipyard, which occupies the entire dock for floating repairs. There is also room for vessels to enter and leave the dry dock.
Secondary role(s) of facilities
The wharf protects Groupe maritime Verreault shipyard facilities against wave action.
There is no channel between the wharf and navigable waters.
- Lat. 48o00'25" N
- Long. 66o58'34" W
- Nautical chart: no. 1230 and L/C 4026
- Tidal range (mean water level): 4.1 m (1)
- Height of wharf deck: 5.8 m (1)
Exterior: 1,000 m2
For short periods.
Other facilities (2)
- Dry dock, property of the Department of Trade, Science and Technology
- Groupe maritime Verreault shipyard
(occasional need for an icebreaker).
- Port of Matane, 44 km West
- Port of Gaspé, 218 km East
- Mont-Louis wharf, 102 km East
Other modes of transportation
Highway 132 nearby
Manoeuvring area on wharf
- Available width: 16 m
- Berth no. 2: concrete pad for 200-tonne mobile cranes
- Drinking water
- Vessel repair
(1) Based on chart datum
(2) Privately owned or other facilities not under the juridiction of Transport Canada but located within the limits of the port or terminal
Physical parameters of facilities
|Length of berth(s)||118.5 m||126.6 m|
|Depth of berth(s) *||6.7 m||5.5 m|
|Bearing capacity of loading area ***||-||-|
Communicate with the port/wharf warden:
* These depths may vary and are only provided as an order of magnitude. They are subject to change and are not to be used for navigational purposes. Mariners should rather consult nautical charts and NOTSHIPs.
The information contained in this technical description may be inaccurate as a result of changes that have taken place by the time this document is consulted or as a result of legislative or regulatory changes. This information is provided only as a guide and the Government of Canada is not in any way responsible for its accuracy.
*** For more information on the berths' bearing capacities, please contact the port official.
- Date modified: