Canadian Rail Operating Rules
February 26th, 2008 (TC O-0-93)
Editorial Changes on March 19, 2008
Table of Contents
- General Notice
- Time and Time Tables (Sections 1-8)
- Signals (Sections 11-36)
- Protection of Impassable or Slow Track (Sections 40-45)
- Operation of Movements (Section 80-103.1)
- Switches (Section 104-116)
- Radio (Sections 117-127)
- General Procedures (Sections 131-148)
- General Bulletin Order (GBO) (Sections 151-157)
- Forms of GBO
- Occupancy Control System (OCS) Rules (Sections 301-315)
- Special Control System (SCS) Rules (Sections 351-353)
- Siding Control Territory (SCT) Rules (Sections 360-364)
- General Description and Location of Fixed Signals (Sections 401-440)
- Automatic Block Signal System (ABS) Rules (Sections 505-515)
- Centralized Traffic Control System (CTC) Rules (Sections 560-578)
- Interlocking Rules (Sections 601-609)
Protection of Track Units and Track Work
- Notice (Sections 801-804)
- Track Work and Track Units at Railway Crossings at Grade, Drawbridges, Interlockings and Non-Interlockings (Sections 805-813)
- Track Units Operating Over Power-Operated and Dual (Sections 814-846)
- Track Occupancy Permits (Sections 849-857)
- Exclusive Top (Sections 858-861)
- Follow-up Top (Sections 862-863)
- Top Cancellation (Sections 864-865)
The official version of the CROR, in its entirety, applies to all railway companies.
Certain railway companies may not, as a practical matter, perform each and every activity that the CROR governs. In this case, for greater employee clarity, the railway company's rule book must contain the rules that govern activities they do perform.
The following OPTIONAL rules are included in the CROR: 11(c), 104.2(c), 108, 111(e), 120(b), 132(f), 135 note, 314, 439 optional, 849 (c), 567.2, 577, 577.1, 618.1, 862.1 and 863.1.
When used by a railway, they will not indicate the word "OPTIONAL" in that company's version of the CROR.
It is optional to print the CROR and Protection of Track Units and Track Work together as one book or separately as CROR book 1 and CROR book 2.
Printable Version: Canadian Rail Operating Rules and Protection of Track Units and Track Work is available in PDF format (file size 856kb) which will download in approximately 4 minutes and 18 seconds on a 28.8 connection.
Note: To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
- Date modified: