Regulatory Proposals under Development
Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations, Part 8, Reporting requirements.
A proposed amendment to Part 8, Reporting Requirements, of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDG Regulations) will be published in Part 1 of the Canada Gazette on June 6, 2015. The amendment will be accessible through the following URL: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/index-eng.html
This proposed amendment includes the following:
- New definition of Release;
- Amendments to the reporting requirements to introduce circumstances under which a report is required;
- Exceptions where the reporting obligation do not apply;
- The reporting of the loss or theft of dangerous goods;
- The reporting of unlawful interference with dangerous goods; and
- New reporting criteria for misdeclared or undeclared dangerous goods to harmonize with International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) reporting requirements.
- Date modified: