Enforcement actions summaries
From Transport Canada
We publish a list of corporate and non-corporate offenders to deter wrongdoing and increase public awareness.
Types of offences
Corporate offences refers to those committed by a company. Non-corporate offences refers to those committed by an employee of a company, or by an individual whom we take enforcement actions against (without taking actions against a company as well).
Enforcement action summaries
Enforcement action summaries identify the non-compliances that have been committed along with resulting enforcement actions. They will be published when an alleged offender is:
- served with a detention notice
- served with a notice of direction to remedy non-compliance
- served with a notice of direction not to import or return to place of origin
- served with a letter revoking their certificate of registration
- served with a ticket
- found guilty of an offence by a court
Only the names of incorporated companies will be posted after:
- their certificate of registration has been revoked
- they are issued a ticket
- they are found guilty of an offence by a court
The information in the summary section will be updated monthly and the previous year’s information will be kept in the archive section.
- Date modified: