Transport Dangerous Goods Directorate
- TDG Home
- TDG Directorate
- Emergency Response Task Force
- TDG Act
- TDG Regulations
- Protective Directions
- Interim Orders
- Equivalency Certificates (Permits)
- Emergency Response Assistance Plans
- Safety Awareness Materials and FAQ
- TDG Publications
- TDG Security
- TDG Ticketing
- TDG Contact Us / Contacts
- TDG Site Map
The Transport Dangerous Goods Directorate is the focal point for the national program to promote public safety during the transportation of dangerous goods. The TDG Directorate serves as the major source of regulatory development, information and guidance on dangerous goods transport for the public, industry and government employees.
Visit TDG's "Who we are" page for more information
- Safety Advisory - Petroleum Crude Oil Classification
- Two new FAQs on Part 4, Dangerous Goods Safety Marks of the TDG Regulations
- Public Notice: Protective Direction No. 37
- The Emergency Response Guidebook 2016 is now available.
- Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (Reporting Requirements and International Restrictions on Lithium Batteries)
- Public Notice: Protective Direction No. 36
In the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods, call CANUTEC at 1-888-CAN-UTEC (226-8832), 613-996-6666 or *666 on a cellular phone.
You can register online to use CANUTEC's free, 24-hour emergency telephone number on your dangerous goods shipping documents.
For regulatory questions, contact the TDG regional office in your region or
CANUTEC at 613-992-4624.
Prairie & Northern
- Date modified: