Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes
- Back to the Containers home page
- Aerosol Containers and Gas Cartridges
- Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes
- UN cylinders, UN tubes, UN cryogenic receptacles, and multiple-element gas containers
- Tank Trucks and Trailers and TC Portable Tanks
- Containers for Infectious substances
- Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers
- UN Small Means of Containment
- UN Portable Tanks
- Containers for Explosives (Class 1)
Information on CSA B339 (the standard on "Cylinders, Spheres, and Tubes for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods".
Information on CSA B340 (the standard on "Selection and Use of Cylinders, Spheres, Tubes, and Other Containers for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Class 2").
FAQ on Cylinders and Tubes
The FAQ on Cylinders and Tubes includes information on Transport Canada cylinder and tube requirements including the registration requirements for cylinder and tube manufacturers, independent inspectors, and requalifiers, and information on the selection and use of cylinders and tubes for transport of dangerous goods in Class 2.
Cylinder and Tube Manufacturers
Search the TDG database for cylinder and tube manufacturers registered with Transport Canada to manufacture cylinders and tubes in accordance with CSA B339.
Cylinder and Tube Requalifiers
Search the TDG database for cylinder and tube requalifiers registered with Transport Canada in accordance with CSA B339.
Independent inspectors for cylinder and tube manufacture
Search the TDG database "Independent inspectors for cylinder and tube manufacture" for inspectors registered with Transport Canada to provide in-plant inspection at cylinder and tube manufacturing facilities in accordance with CSA B339.
CTC special permits
Paragraph 5.10(2)(b) of the TDG Regulations allows cylinders manufactured until the end of 1992 in accordance with permits (CTC special permits) issued under the Canadian Transport Commission (CTC) “Regulations for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Rail” to continue in use to transport Class 2 dangerous goods in accordance with the terms of the respective CTC Permit.
- Application for registration to requalify cylinders by external visual inspection
- Application for registration to requalify cylinders by hydrostatic retest and visual inspection
- Requalification requirements for marking steel containers with a “+” or a “K” pursuant to CSA B339
- Hydrostatic testing training requirements
- Application for registration as a requalifier of cylinders for acetylene service
- Report form - Requalification by External Visual Inspection HTML Version | PDF version
- Date modified: